In January 2017, about 95% of Americans owned a cell phone of some kind. About 77% own smartphones, per the Pew Research Center. That means that the average person has the ability to stay connected to others in some way, whether you own a cell phone or a smartphone.
Smartphones have advanced in technology exponentially over a very short period of time. There is little if anything, that you cannot do on a smartphone that you can do on a laptop or a desktop computer. Since smartphones can be connected to the internet, any kind of information is right at our fingertips.
They are great tools to make our lives easier, more organized, less stressed & more productive. Apps have been, and continue to be created for pretty much everything. This post is not about the best apps for productivity & organization. You can search your smartphone to find an app that meets your needs.
This post is to help you understand the many ways to use your cell phone to help with productivity & organization. Some ways don’t require an app, these features are built into the operating system of the phone. There are however, apps that provide additional features you may not have thought about.
Please post a comment to share your thoughts on cell phone productivity & organization ideas.
- Take pictures of items to research to purchase
- Schedule tasks and appointments
- Email management
- Audible alerts/reminders
- Driving maps & traffic reports
- Notes – written and verbal
- Guided meditation to relieve stress
- Bill pay
- Refill prescriptions
- Product delivery
- Schedule services
- Reduce paper clutter by requesting digital receipts & scanning documents for digital storage
- Login credentials for online accounts – I highly recommend a secure app to avoid identity theft; never store confidential information on any computer connected to the internet!
- Conduct a home inventory for insurance purposes
- Memorable pictures & videos
- Lists of medications for you, your family & other care recipients
- Contact information
- Shopping lists
- Sales/coupons from your favorite vendors